2017 Scholarships Application Submission is now closed. Recipients will be announced by June 1st, 2017.
The Hood River Education Foundation administers four separate scholarships for Hood River County students who have graduated from Hood River Valley High School, will be in their sophomore, junior or senior years in college in 2017-18, and are currently enrolled in college. Applicants must be planning to complete a minimum of 2 semesters (or 3 trimesters) in college, community college, or a technical/trade program by June 30th, 2017. See requirements for each scholarship below. The deadline for applications is 5 p.m. on 4.14.17.
1. Ruth and Horace Daum Memorial Scholarship (up to 6 scholarships, $2,000 each)
Students attending any two- or four-year college may apply. Available only for students studying nursing, music or any science-related field.
2. Jesse Elder Memorial Scholarship (1 scholarship; $1500)
Students attending any two- or four-year college may apply. Must have achieved minimum 3.5 GPA in both senior year of high school and freshman year of college
3. Martha and John Weber Memorial Scholarship (1 scholarship, $500)
This scholarship is only available to students attending either Community College or Trade School. Must have achieved a minimum 2.5 GPA in college courses.
4. Janet C. Thompson Memorial Scholarship (1 scholarship,$250)
Applicant must be majoring in music, with preference for vocal performance majors.
Minimum GPA of 3.0 for all college courses.
How to Apply:
* Download the instructions and application below. Complete the application. You will submit a single application indicating which scholarships you want to apply for. Email the application as an attachment from your email address, and also attach the SAR (Student Aid Report, Page 1 only) from your 2017 FAFSA to email@example.com.
*Mail TRANSCRIPTS to HRCEF, 1009 Eugene Street, Hood River, Oregon 97031.
* LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION must be signed by the person writing the recommendation, sealed in college/university envelopes, and mailed to HRCEF, 1009 Eugene Street, Hood River, Oregon 97031, OR emailed directly from the recommender’s college email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 4.14.17 5 p.m. AT THE FOUNDATION OFFICE. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please contact the Foundation office at email@example.com with any questions.