2020 College Scholarship Application Information
The Hood River County Education Foundation will administer eight separate scholarships in 2020 for Hood River County students who have graduated from Hood River Valley High School, will be in their sophomore, junior or senior years of college starting in the Fall of 2020, and are currently enrolled in college. Applicants must be planning to complete a minimum of 2 semesters (or 3 trimesters) in college, community college, or a technical/trade program by June 30th, 2020.
1. Ruth and Horace Daum Memorial Scholarship (up to 6 scholarships, $2,000 each)
Students attending any two- or four-year college may apply. Available only for students studying nursing, music or any science-related field.
2. Jesse Elder Memorial Scholarship (1 scholarship; $1500)
Students attending any two- or four-year college may apply. Must have achieved minimum 3.5 GPA in both senior year of high school and freshman year of college
3. Martha and John Weber College Scholarship (1 scholarship, $1000)
This scholarship is only available to students attending either Community College or Trade School. Must have achieved a minimum 2.5 GPA in college courses.
4. Janet C. Thompson Memorial Scholarship (1 scholarship,$250)
Applicant must be majoring in music, with preference for vocal performance majors.
Minimum GPA of 3.0 for all college courses.
5. Cascade Locks Alumni Association Scholarship (1 or more scholarships, $2000 each)
Applicant must have graduated from CLHS or HRVHS and lived in Cascade Locks while attending High School. Minimum GPA of 2.5 for all college courses.
6. Nathan Hazlett Memorial Scholarship (1 scholarship, $1000)
Applicant must be intending to pursue a career as a pilot. Minimum GPA of 3.0 for all college courses.
7. Diana Carroll Education Scholarship (1 scholarship, $1000)
Applicant must be intending to pursue a degree in education for the purpose of entering the teaching profession
8. Mary Clifford Memorial Scholarship (2 scholarships, $2500 each)
Applicant can be attending community college, trade school or 4 year college/university and must demonstrate significant financial need
How to Apply:
* Download the instructions and application using the link below. Complete the application. You will submit a single application indicating which scholarships you are applying for. Email the application as an attachment from your email address, and also attach the SAR (Student Aid Report, Page 1 only) from your 2019 FAFSA to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Mail TRANSCRIPTS to HRCEF, 1011 Eugene Street, Hood River, Oregon 97031.
* LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION must be signed by the person writing the recommendation, sealed in college/university envelopes, and mailed to HRCEF, 1011 Eugene Street, Hood River, Oregon 97031, OR emailed directly from the recommender’s college email address to email@example.com.
* COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED ON 4.03.20 by 5 p.m. AT THE FOUNDATION OFFICE. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Results will be sent via email by May 31st, 2020.
Please contact the Foundation office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.